Fika with Kanelbulle
Is it time for a “fika” yet? Why not try one of our favourites, the cinnamon bun.
Cinnamon buns are so loved by the Swede’s that they even have a special Cinnamon bun day, the 4th of October. So if you have an hour to spare, here is the recipe!
Ingredients for approximately 50 buns, which takes around 50 minutes.
150g of room temperature butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons powdered cardamom
1200-1300g of wheat flour
100g brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
Egg, pearl sugar
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl. Heat the milk to 37 degrees and pour over the yeast. Stir until dissolved.
- Add butter in lumps, sugar, salt, cardamom and most of the flour. Work the dough well, 10 minutes in a machine or 15 minutes by hand. Put a towel on top and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Now over to the filling: Mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring the dough onto a floured baking tray and divide into two pieces.
- Cut out each piece into an oblong piece, then spread the filling on top. Roll it up and cut into pieces.
- Put the buns on a plate with baking paper. Allow to ferment for 1 hour with a towel on top.
- Brush the buns with the whipped eggs and sprinkle with pearl sugar and bake in the middle of the oven for 225 degrees, for 10 minutes.